- Driving Directions - Wednesday, July 19, 2006

During hurricane season a couple of years ago when we got hit by like 4 storms in the same year I gave my map book away to a Sgt. who would probably need it more than me. Well, needless to say I never got it back, so I drive around mapless. That's ok though, it's just as easy to call into dispatch when I need directions somewhere rather than try to look it up in a map, especially when it's rather urgent.

So I get called out this morning for a death. The Sgt. who calls me gives me directions. Without being too identifying, here's what he said. Go down main country road, around curve to 3rd street on left. Turn left, go down 2 stop signs, turn right where you will see my car. He tells me it will take me 5 minutes, max, to get there. Fine. I'm enroute. I follow the directions he tells me, go to the 2nd stop sign, turn right and see a patrol car. I pull in the driveway and walk to the house.

Me: Knock Knock (thinking it's odd that the deputy isn't waiting outside fore me, as they usually do.
Kid: (Opens door about 3 inches) Yah?
Me: Umm, is the deputy here?
Kid: No.
Me: Okayyyy? Where did he go?
Kid: Umm, I'm not sure, I think to Powell Square.
Me: Where?
Kid: Powell Auto Parts
Me: Oh...ok (now I'm completely and thoroughly confused...isn't there a dead person inside, I'm thinking?). Now, as I'm looking around, I ask...does a deputy live here?
Kid: Yah.
Me: Oops, wrong house. Sorry. PS. My name is Melissa (my partner's name), tell him I stopped by. Giggle as I walk away, knowing I just threw her under the bus and prepare to call Jason (the Sgt. that called me out) to yell at him and ask where the hell he's at.
Me: (calling Jason)..
Jason: Bitch, where are you?
Me: WTF...where are you?
Jason: I told you...2nd stop sign turn right.
Me: Okay, asshole...that's where I went. But you're nowhere around. As a matter of fact, I turned and pulled in where the patrol car is and some kid answered the door.
Jason: LMAO...ooooh, ooops...that's Deputy so & so's house. Go to the 3rd stop sign, not the 2nd one.
Me: UGGGh, ok, I'll be there in 2 seconds.

I need a map book, BAD.

3 Comments:

At 8:26 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's soooo funny...I wish I'd been there to see that one.

You really talk to each other like that? Just curious.

~HB

 
At 11:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

haaa haaa - I have a map book and would let you borrow it . . . oh but I just remembered, you're not very nice to me!

 
At 8:17 AM, Blogger VRA said...

Yes, we really talk to each other like that. Nuttin' but love, though. Well...except for anonymous #2. :-P

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

IT'S ALL ABOUT ME!

My name is Kelly and I'm a Victim Advocate. Basically I'm a cross between a social worker and a counselor, without all of the pay & college! In 3 months and 20 days as of this udate I'll be 30 and I'm holdin on with a tight grip!

ME ME ME!

I was a little hesitant when blogging was first introduced to me. I have learned to use and well and now I really like it, in a voyeuristic kind of way. I also use it as my own personal therapy. Though you probably won't understand nor agree with what I post quite often, don't take it personal and don't be offended. After all, it's a blog and that's the fun of it, right?

CHECK THEM OUT

Parrothead Ramblings & Hazel Eyez

PREVIOUS POSTS

HAPPY 19TH BIRTHDAY MANDY!
Shower Experience
Chris & I at the Southernmost Point
Things that annoy me...
Have you ever noticed?
Update on pool stuff
Pool Stress
Shopping Misadventure
Please keep my friend Tom in your thoughts & prayers
Bible Story


THE ARCHIVES



BLOGSKIN

Layout is by TornGemini

Powered by Blogger


Free Web Site Counter
Online Degree Programs