- Shower Experience - Wednesday, June 28, 2006

So this morning I wake up, get the boys' clothes around and get in the shower. It's taking me longer than usual because my leg hair was 11 inches long, so I decided I would tackle that problem this morning so I could actually swim in that big resin pond in my back yard. Anyway, I get in the shower, do my thing, wash my hair, just get to the point I'm going to rinse it out and out of NOWHERE a big ass Palmetto bug (for those of you from the north these things are HUGE, black and crunch with wings. They're the nastiest things I've ever seen!!) flies down, lands on the bottom of my bathtub and jets toward me at mach 5. Well, this was not a pretty sight as I'm half soapy, trying to jump out of my shower, all the while shrieking! So then I try to open the bathroom door with soapy, wet hands, which doesn't work at all. Chris finally comes to the door, of course the kids are following him, and asks what the problem is. I proceed to show him the "problem" and he rolls his eyes and says, "that's what you were screaming about"? UGGGH...he OBVIOUSLY does not realize the full affect. So, I get back in the shower and all I can think about are the "what if's". What if it would have jumped on my head while I was washing, what if it would have jumped on my face when I washed my face....ugh, I think I need a VERY STRONG liquid breakfast this morning!

3 Comments:

At 6:38 PM, Blogger Crime Dog said...

I met my first "Palmetto Bug," in Crestview, FL back in'78. Thought it was a bird.

 
At 7:44 PM, Blogger VRA said...

Yes--that's exactly what it is!! We get reports for low flying palmettos all the time!

 
At 11:58 PM, Blogger Crime Dog said...

BTW, my sis in law just applied to a couple of local agencies to be a VWA. Wish her luck!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

IT'S ALL ABOUT ME!

My name is Kelly and I'm a Victim Advocate. Basically I'm a cross between a social worker and a counselor, without all of the pay & college! In 3 months and 20 days as of this udate I'll be 30 and I'm holdin on with a tight grip!

ME ME ME!

I was a little hesitant when blogging was first introduced to me. I have learned to use and well and now I really like it, in a voyeuristic kind of way. I also use it as my own personal therapy. Though you probably won't understand nor agree with what I post quite often, don't take it personal and don't be offended. After all, it's a blog and that's the fun of it, right?

CHECK THEM OUT

Parrothead Ramblings & Hazel Eyez

PREVIOUS POSTS

Chris & I at the Southernmost Point
Things that annoy me...
Have you ever noticed?
Update on pool stuff
Pool Stress
Shopping Misadventure
Please keep my friend Tom in your thoughts & prayers
Bible Story
Here's your dang UPDATE
What is wrong with people???


THE ARCHIVES



BLOGSKIN

Layout is by TornGemini

Powered by Blogger


Free Web Site Counter
Online Degree Programs